Blog Archive

Sunday, May 04, 2008

Long time no see

I disappeared. It's not that i didn't have time to blog, it's not that i did not want to blog it's just somehow slipped out of my way as usual. :) So anyways, there was quite a lot going on in the last 2 months since we arrived from our last trip, but basically same old stuff. As u know i am living up to my style and play a lot of poker, do a little work and at this time i planned ahead with other things such as buying a new car and getting ready for our next BIG trip.

So it was starting someday in mid march that we were going to get our VISA to the USA. You know we didnt have a plan on when to take the trip, we only wanted to go like NOT in the summer time when it's full of tourists and full of hot weather. That i would hate. So spring looked good and May especially. Anyways, at this time there was still no plan made out for us. So we just went to get our VISA as Slovak residents are still required to get one. Pretty sick as is, but i was prepared. I brought so many documents proving i don't wanna leave Slovakia for the states permanently, that i think they bought into that crap and gave us both 10 yrs long tourist Visas meaning i can fly in and out to the states whenever i want whenever i can. Pretty decent deal sealing i won't move there for sure. :) Maybe for shopping for electronics and clothes i go there every once in a while... Anyways, so we got our Visa. It's a pain in the ass to get it i must tell you, not that it is so difficult for people like me, it's rather the road to Bratislava with my wife is usually a biyatch... That is a crappy road , no highways, full of slow cars and i like to drive fast and crazy... Not true but this is how it looks from the seat next to the driver and usually we have a fight on that road, doesn't matter who is sitting in the driver's seat. I must admit i am scarred to death on that road as well when Csilla is driving :))) Well there is more to this i guess. She panics... I remember she drove like 120km/h on the road a few years ago and there was a wasp or a bee in the car... she panicked so much that she let go of the steering wheel and started to scream and even got her hands on her face covering her eyes... Scary moment believe me, and it wasn't the wasp!!!! :))) Now yes the new story is we are coming home from Bratislava, a hungry pheasant is looking around on the left side of the road. Csilla discovers it, from a pretty far distance. The pheasant thinks ... she needs to go the other side for more food... Maybe to family ... so it is taking his time and starts walking not even taking into account that Csilla is coming... Csilla is in the drivers seat looking and asking me that pheasant is not going to come in our way or is it.... oh no it will !!! at this point i am pretty confident Csilla will stop.... she holds her head with both hands and there we go her legs are so heavy and panicked that she didn't do any slowing down.... One hungry unaware pheasant killed .... Csilla panicked again... luckily we both survived :))) So that is pretty much our story with her driving and we arguing all the time on that road ...

Off topic. But other than that i like to go downtown Bratislava. I actually like the feeling of the city more than Budapest. Pretty crazy i know but still, it has a much more relaxed feeling, kind of like a small town, but again it has all the aspects of a big city... So anyways, that's for the Visa story....

I hate shopping... Yeah it's true... It's so true to the extent that i hate shopping other than electronics... That i actually do love, but that usually happens in front of my screen doing research on products i want to consider buying. So i don't know what came to our mind these last 2 months, but i was spending the most money i have ever done for shopping... It's not just clothes and electronics, it's everything.... I don't know what is going on in the air, maybe it's my positive mood recently. Well that alone made me buy like jeans, plenty of t-shirts like 5 shorts, 2 new shoes and like 4 new baseball caps to which I'd like to add some more while we are in the states. For my balding head i now need accessories which i find a baseball cap is best... So anyways, it's not just that i decided to buy all this for myself from my own money, but my name day is coming soon and usually all the gifts i am getting are money that buys me these things. So i kind of changed my old stuff to new ones now, and i actually kind of like the feeling of wearing new shiyat... :) Before u ask what i am talking about I got used to writing cuss words in Dogg style ever since the poker rooms i recently play at censor shit like fuck , bitch, idiot., dumb ass and asshole... stuff like that that i am using on everyday basis :))) So i need to screw the censoring machine and go Snoop Style baby... :)) which i think is going to be reflected now in my blogs as well.

So doing a lot of shopping around i went on and looked around what kind of gadgets could i get myself... and decided to go for new camera which supposed to be pretty awesome and it's already arrived to Justin. I'm assuming he is trying it out right now making act shots of Erika., supposedly his new BOSS :P Anyways, i look forward to pick it up while in NYC, possibly with the pictures still remaining on it :)))) OK just kidding before i offend somebody here....

There were whole lot of good stuff happening but occasionally some ppl have bad beats as well... my sister does have them recently and it happened in a pretty sick way i must tell you... She was coming home from a small village and she wanted to enter the main road from a small street where there is basically 0.0 meter sight to what is going on on the main road. So you take a gamble and push the car a bit towards the road to see something... now as much as i hate truck drivers on the road this situation made me not like them anything more i guess. SO this truck came into the lane of my sister where she was going to turn right and crashed her car to the graveyard. Luckily nothing happened to her other than going to hospital for 2 days for examination. Of course, the truck driver never stopped probably being drunk and gone with the wind... now the cops decided they blame the truck driver but still made my sister look pretty ugly in the case not preventing the accident and now she is loosing her driver's license i guess. Now there are sideways to get around this if you know what i mean... You can corrupt a cop pretty much anytime you want, they all are very unhelpful even so we have relatives in there, of course this is until you offer them something, and from that point all is pretty easy and you get a lot of assist and friendship from them. Now my idea is fuck the cops. You know if it costs us $1000-$3000 bucks to go corrupt on them my sister could as well hire a driver for the period she will not have a license, at least it's what i would do in her case. Either way it costs us money, but i rather give it to a professional driver than to a corrupt cop. By the way, as you could by now see i hate cops. I really really don't see their role in society. Anyone might give me an idea what it is???!!!! Of course two weeks later they busted me not wearing a seat belt. :) That alone would be enough to hate them but there is just more to it. And then again I am no criminal or anything... But seriously one stupid law could all change everything. IMO, if a driver who dies in accident without wearing a seat belt should loose his/her life insurance and that's it... Insurance companies do better, no need for cops busting ppl for their belts which is not a safety issue from their side, as long as i don't want to save my life , let me effing not get my seat belts on... anyways, this was an upbeat rant on how crazily i am pissed at all that is going on in that department. I mean if i could change the world... it would be pretty much a different place to live for the average person, maybe not any better for the poorest or the richest but for the average... Now Mr. prime minister of Slovakia just created a bunch of great new laws for our system. Now if a cop busts you for speeding, the price can go as high as 20000 SKK which for an average earner is impossible to pay from a 11000-14000 net salary, so all this law brings is more corruption to. As cops will now hold their hands or pockets in that matter to lower the penalty. Actually i support high penalties for speeding as it is for safety measure and in world where justice and 0% corruption was given or robots would control traffic i think this would be a safe idea. As this is not the case it is just coming to bring more corruption under the blankets.... So where do i wanna get here? It all comes down to this... I SO HATE COPS!!!!

I don't like to go this negative....brrrrrrrrrr.... i must clear my mind before i continue... so time for coffee break....

So now to go on a more positive side, i have to say i admire my dad for doing things for us. Now this accident happened with my sister, and here is the thinking... Insurance company says the car is trashed to the graveyard.... They pay some fee that would not cover fixing the car... so what my dad does is makes a fantastic deal with an auto mechanic who buys the car at market price... He probably can use it as parts or something so the deal is both good for him and my sister. So what happens next is the next 2 days he buys a new car for my sister. Well, not a new one but a 3 year old BMW 320d, which is as nice a car as it gets on the used market. The engine and driving experience is nice, the car is comfortable and it didn't cost my dad much. Maybe around 1000 bucks extra... It's a pretty sweet deal to handle things like this.... I mean there are always ppl who laugh at others' miseries and this is a pretty good way to show them a middle finger, if you know what i mean... now maybe i am the son of evil or maybe this comes from me being competitive with others or maybe that's just a negative view on the world from me, call it as you like it but i think this is the way to handle problematic situations.... and on the sidelines i admit creates a few more enemies as well... :))))

Anyways, when my sister got her car, i got a bit envy. Not in a bad manner, if you can be envy in a good way ... but still i didn't envy it from my sister, but rather that i don't have a car that suits a lifestyle that i am living. Well, 2 yrs ago i almost bought a C70 Volvo that is a hard top convertible coupe super stylish car. But it was quite expensive and right after i made the test drive my father called me on the phone that there was a commercial real estate for sale. So i made that purchase over the purchase of my dream car. You know i am not saying that i made a horrible choice, but it made my rest of 2006 a miserable year. There are times when you need to caress your mind with something nice and that was it. The time came to change my car it was 10 yrs old at that time and i wanted a car. Now buying a real estate is not fun at all especially when you know there is a bunch of money to be spent on construction at later time. Anyways, i am still in the phase where i don't regret the deal, but 2 yrs has gone by and i am still riding my old veteran... Now the car is 11 and a half and my sister's new car and the feeling of not living stylish :))) i decided i am not going to wait any longer. I am in desperate need of a new car. And i mean it and i want it a BRAND NEW car... No used 3 yr old that will spend the remaining 6 years i want to keep it at the car shop servicing it, i rather pay the huge amortization costs that go with it in the next few years. So the last 2 months i went on and went shopping ... First and no.1 choices were a Mazda 6 and a new Ford Mondeo... both very nice cars.... i actually did some test driving too and the Mazda 6 was very impressive... Now don't get me wrong it was the perfect car, IF...
- i had kids
- i was 40 yrs old
- i was trying to live a boring life
then the Mazda 6 would have been my ultimate no.1 choice... But u know i believe while i am young i want something that would never come to my mind when i am 40 or older... The C70 was coming to my mind first, not that i will not be happy for that when i will be 40 or older, but for some time i postponed the idea. Till like around the 19th of April or so when there was a car show in Bratislava... We had a rough week in work but i needed to make it there and so we went quite late on Sunday on a last minute view. At this point the Mazda 6 was still my first choice and i wanted to scan the market and see how the car competes face to face with other cars...Now a new car the Passat CC is out but i must say i liked the CC on the website more than in real... Still Mazda 6... Volvo C70 so beautiful... more expensive... so beautiful... i want this car... Now it's Volvo C70 that i want... Until.... and this is interesting because i have never ever thought of this car as an option in fact i didn't really considered it as an existing one on the market and that is Alfa Romeo... their cars are so stylish so beautiful it's amazing... and yes they have worked on the Italian's bad car making reputation. I think all Italian car manufacturer's did by now... So there i stood and seriously among all expensive cars, included Porsche and Mercedes and Beemers... i was most impressed by this Alfa Romeo Brera.... Love at first sight what can i say.... Of course it was quite a bit more expensive what i was going to spend for a car but not that much more... Of course i was just playing with the idea that we could have a car like this but never considered it seriously... This would also be the car i would never consider at any later stage of my life since, it has 2 seats well 4 but the 2 rear seats are basically only enough for our dog....

A week later... Csilla wants to go shopping... I say i go with her over playing the 2000 hands requirement that i set myself a day. turned out i bought more stuff again as she did... this year's clothing line just fits pretty well with my liking ;))) anyways, we went to Dunajska Streda, where this new shopping center is and Csilla likes some store there, of course incidentally there is also an Alfa Romeo dealership in that town and i stopped by like an interested shopper...I test drove it and we came home. The style of the car was perfect and i was still in love with it but driving a car with diesel engine at least this car .... with manual gearshift wasn't very spoiling... We came home and read the automatic gearshift is a perfect solution and that it works pretty well... Yesterday, we went to the dealership and placed the order for a fully equipped Alfa Romeo Brera...RED color one.... So i am pretty excited about this... It supposed to be here around end of June. That is pretty cool as you know we are heading out to America for almost a month and then it will be Euro Cup in June in Austria and a Lenny Kravitz concert that i am planning to go to... So time should fly hopefully fast till the car gets here. Oh and i gotta mention, this car is favored by Csilla, too ... we have a hard line when buying stuff like furniture, our tastes and likings are just usually the total opposite... not with this car though.... :))))


In the me mean time we have planned our TRIP AMERICA as i call it... and plan is pretty much finalized i got the tickets and pretty much planned on our program for the 25 days we will be spending there. I was actually never more stoked about a trip as i am right now. We are going to visit NYC for a week which supposed to be a lot of fun as it was one of the destinations i wanted to go really badly... and then there is good old California where i almost spent one year in my childhood and it got me so many good memories... so i look forward to see everyone and everything back there introducing Csilla the place where i lived... also we plan on some great hiking and some good sightseeing, along some fun stuff such as GREAT AMERICA the best theme park I've ever been to.... I am telling you we will not skip Vegas either... :))) That is for the spoiling of the gambling genes we got boiling in our blood... So i am very very excited and can't wait to it.... 4 more days and off we go.... AMERICA we are comiiiing!!!!!! Weeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I almost forgot to mention poker. I played quite a bit of poker last month. It was my second biggest month ever in regards of no. of hands played, but it was no.1 month considering money made. It was really really an awesome month and my play style turns out to be very very profitable in good months. I made around 3400 bucks including both live and online games. Somehow i crushed all the games. I know i can't maintain this result for a long time but it feels so so awesome right now. Even though the good run is pretty much over, i still feel stoked that i could make this much money in one month.... and i hope i will not stop here and get newer and newer records in the future as my game progresses....

This blog turned out to be a bit of a brag!!! Please forgive me i couldn't help it.... Please accept me for now i promise in the future i tone it down a bit....


See you, see me in a month after we get back from the States... i let everyone know how everything was... i can only hope it will be as much of a brag as this last 2 months ;)

Logging Off playing poker guys.... Hasta Luego!!!!






No comments: